He studied on University of Missouri.
Brent begin his career as a model after signing with Ford Models in New York and Nina Blanchard in Los Angeles. Brent has appeared in dozens of magazines, including GQ, Vogue and Glamour, and worked with top fashion designers Gianni Versace, Giorgio Armani and Calvin Klein. During his days as a model Brent was based in Milan, Italy as well as New York. While modeling, he won the role of Willard, the rugged leading man opposite Tawny Kitaen in the French cult classic, The Perils of Gwendoline (1983).
Huff's other works as an actor include Falling from Grace (1992) playing John Mellencamp's troubled brother. Mellencamp also directed the film. Huff also won acclaim for his role in Girl's Night (1998) with Kris Kristofferson, Brenda Blethyn and Julie Walters. Other films include Beautiful (2000) directed by Sally Field, I Spy Returns, (1994) Hot Boyz (1999) Hitman's Run (1998), and most recently made cameo appearances in Sci Fi Pictures original films, Dead and Deader (2006) and the action film Kill Speed (2010).
Brent has worked as an actor-director in numerous countries including France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Thailand, Philippines, South Africa, Morocco, Argentina and Brazil.
Brent appeared frequently in films directed by Bruno Mattei (such as Strike Commando 2 (1988), where he played a tough war veteran Michael Ransom) and director Worth Keeter in Hijack (1999) and Scorpio One (1998). He made several television guest appearances on shows like The West Wing, Cold Case, Diagnosis Murder, and JAG, among others. Brent had a recurring role where he played "Psycho" in the series Pensacola: Wings of Gold.
Huff could be considered to be an action film star, because of his roles in dozens of B movies from this genre.
Brent played director Lawrence Brent in the television pilot Hollywood Confidential (1997) with Charlize Theron and Thomas Jane.
For over fifteen years, Brent has been behind the camera, directing his first independent feature, We the People (1994; alternatively titled Final Justice) with his friend James Brolin. Huff directed the hilarious dark comedy 100 Mile Rule (2002) with Jake Weber, Maria Bello, David Thornton, and Michael McKean, The Bad Pack (1997), starring Robert Davi and Roddy Piper, and most recently the inspirational family drama entitled Welcome to Paradise (2007), starring Crystal Bernard and Brian Dennehy.
In 2007, Brent directed the action film, Treasure Raiders in Moscow, Russia. Treasure Raiders is one of the most expensive films ever made in Russia and features Russian star Alexander Nevsky as well as David Carradine, Steven Brand and Sherilyn Fenn.
In 2008, Brent directed Michael Madsen in the political thriller Serbian Scars which was shot on location in Belgrade, Serbia.
Brent wrote and directed the film-noir thriller Cat City in 2008. The film was selected to numerous film festivals and stars Rebecca Pidgeon, Julian Sands, and Brian Dennehy.
In 2010, Brent finished directed the legal thriller, Last Will starring Tatum O'Neal, Tom Berenger, Peter Coyote and James Brolin.
Brent is married to actress Shawn Huff (1989–present) Brent and Shawn's daughter is actress/model Bailey Huff.
- Cat City (2010) with Rebecca Pidgeon, Julian Sands, and Brian Dennehy
- Last Will (2010) with Tatum O'Neal, Tom Berenger, Peter Coyote
- Serbian Scars (2009) with Michael Madsen, Mark Dacascos, and Vladimer Rajcic
- Treasure Raiders (2007) with David Carradine, Steven Brand, and Sherilyn Fenn
- 100 Mile Rule (2003) with Maria Bello, Jake Weber, and Michael McKean
- Submerged (2000) with Coolio, Maxwell Caulfield, and Nicole Eggert
- JAG (2000)
- Hitman's Run (1999) with Eric Roberts
- Hot Boyz (1999) with Snoop Dogg, and Master P
- Hijack (1999) with Jeff Fahey, and Ernie Hudson
- Scorpio One
- The Bad Pack (1997)
- Dead Tides (1997)
- Hollywood Confidential (1997)
- Pensacola: Wings of Gold (1998–1999)
- Dark Skies (1996)
- Diagnosis Murder (1996-1996)
- Oblivion 2 (1996)
- Tinkercrank (1995)
- I Spy Returns (1994) with Bill Cosby
- We the People (1994) with James Brolin
- Christine (1993) with Ernest Borgnine
- The Blue Diamond (1993)
- Paradise on the Mountain (1993) with George Hamilton, and Morgan Fairchild
- Born to Fight (1989)
- Strike Commando 2 (1988) with Richard Harris
- Cop Game (1988)
- Stormquest (1987)
- Armed Response (1986)
- Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985)
- Deadly Passion (1985)
- Summer Fantasy (1985)
- The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik-Yak (1984) with Tawny Kitaen